GUIDED MTB TRIPS
- Baldy Lift Access Descent – One of our favorite MTB trips is a classic and starts with a Sun Valley Gondola and chairlift ride to the top of world famous Bald Mountain. Trails lead off the summit and descend up to 3000 vertical feet over eleven miles of epic trail, or session the upper mountain flow trails via the chairlifts for shorter laps. A top to bottom lap usually takes 2-3 hours (can do one or more) Technically & Physically Moderate. Lift ticket not included. 3-8 hour trips
- Adams Gulch – Ride from town to warm up or shuttle to the nearby trailhead. Adams Gulch offers a wide variety of trails for all cross-country riding abilities, and is a favorite for honing bike-handling skills. Technically Moderate; Physically Moderate to Strenuous. 3-8 hour trips
- Harriman Trail – The Harriman is perfect for groups and those looking for a non-intimidating mountain bike experience. The trail meanders up to 18 miles along the headwaters of the Wood River accompanied by a dramatic Boulder Mountain backdrop (bring your camera!). Handcrafted streamside lunches may be enjoyed en route. Technically & Physically Modest. 3-8 hour trips.
- Greenhorn Gulch – Your SVMG guide will lead you through the many paths of ‘Greenhorn’. You’ll enjoy great climbs, long descents, and dramatic views. Technically Moderate/Advanced & Physically Moderate/Strenuous. 3-8 hour trips
- Fox Creek – Fox Creek and Chocolate Gulch are local favorites that offer route variations depending on the time available and guest aspirations. Excellent singletrack and quick access make this a top choice for riders looking for a good workout close to town. Technically and Physically Moderate to Strenuous. 3 or 5 hour trips
- Corral Creek – A natural group ride and moderate introduction to singletrack biking. Corral Creek is suitable for a range of skills as it can progress from the basic riding skills to exhilarating, yet straightforward single-track. Technically & Physically Moderate. 3 hour trips
- Sturtevants Adventure Rides – Expose yourself to some of the best mountain biking anywhere. Unravel the maze of trails in the Smoky’s, discover the old mining roads of the Pioneer Range, or tap into the more adventurous and lesser known trails of the area. Technically & Physically Moderate to Difficult (per guest preferences) 3-8 hour trips
Custom, Combo & Overnight Trips – We excel at tailoring custom outdoor adventures that include hiking and biking to suit individual interests. Let us know if we can help plan a family or group escape.
Licensed, Bonded and Insured
Sun Valley Mountain Guides operates under special use permits from the following agencies; the United States Bureau of Land Management, Sawtooth National Forest, Salmon-Challis National Forest, and the Idaho Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board.